Pages in Japanese
Now, it is time to try to boot NetBSD.
- As INSTALL guide says, I first made "A/UX Root & Usr" partition and
"A/UX Swap" partition. Then, I ran "mksf" to initialize the partition, and
used "MacBSD Install Utility" to install "base11" and "etc11", and to build
- I also used "MacBSD Install Utility" to copy the kernel. After
"MacBSD Install Utility" launched, I selected "Mini Shell" and typed
cpin (the path):netbsd netbsd.test
(the path) indicates the full path of the directory.(separated with ":")
- I setup'd "Booter" appropriately, and started booting.
Nothing happend. [Mar 96]
I first thought it was a booter problem, but after a week or so,
(I compiled the booter sources and checked it.)
that the booter works correctly.
- I needed to know where on earth the program stopped.
Since the videoaddr was 0xfe200000, I added "movel #0xaaaaaaaa,0xfe200000"
in some places in locore.s changing the address(plus 0x4). It shows a short
gray line on the screen.
And I found it stoped in setmachdep() in machdep.c .
In setmachdep(), the booting stopped at line
via_reg(VIA2, vIER) = 0x7f; /* disable VIA2 int */
(found by using gray_bar().)
- It seems that VIA2 is not at 0x50f02000. [Apr 96]
- Since the VIA2 problem seemed to be fixed,
I ftp'd the newer kenerl sources from NetBSD-current. [May 27 96]
I patched JPW's adbpatch and HAMADA's pmpatch, and built the kernel.
I succeeded to boot it with the single user mode but only with the
external monitor. [May 30 96]
- I changed all '.long 0xf0100800' in get_pte() in locore.s to
'.long 0xf0100c00' which mean to use the tt1 register instead of the tt0
registre. Then re-built the kernel. It booted without an external monitor!
[Jun 8 96]
- I installed NetBSD1.1, and I scceeded to run X with the external
monitor. [Aug 1 96]